HASCY is a remote-controlled sled that drives on a rail that is mounted at the top of a tunnel. It is equipped with multiple sensors, including a thermal and optical PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) camera, and therefore is able to provide visual information to the Asfinag operators as well as emergency services. This is useful for emergency situations like fires where the current tunnel surveillance system, which for structural reasons is mounted on the tunnel ceiling, can't give any information due to the rising smoke.
- Project homepage: https://hascy.at/
- Project start: 2019
- Cooperation: Asfinag, HTL Mössingerstraße, HTL Lastenstraße
- 1st place: Jugend Innovative 2021 Category "Engineering I"
- 1st place: Innovation@school 2021
- 1st place: Bosch Technik fürs Leben-Preis 2021 Category "Mobility Solutions"
- 1st place: TÜV Austria Wissenschaftspreis 2021 Category "HTL-Abschlussarbeiten"
- 2nd place: Young Austrian Engineers CAD Contest
- 1st place: Kärnten fördert Talente 2021
- 1st place: AUTstanding 2022
- 2nd place: Engineering Newcomer 2022
- 1st place: KFV Forschungspreis 2022 Category "Höhere berufsbildende Schulen"